Marriage in Sweden
Since 2009 Sweden possesses a sex neutral marriage laws, whichimplies that exact same sex pairs can acquire married under the exact same healthconditions as opposite sexual married couples. As an overseas consumer without residency in Sweden you can, in some cases, also obtain wed in Sweden.
Requirements and procedures when marrying
You put on’ t must stay( possess residency) in Sweden or even have aswedish womencitizenship to obtain married in Sweden. If neither of bothhave Swedishcitizenship or even residency in Sweden, they need possess residency (or one possess citizenship and the other one possess post degree residency) in a country where exact same sexual activity partnership or relationship is legal.
Inquiry right into detriments to marriage
Before a pair can wed, the SwedishTax Firm (Skatteverket) must conduct a query into impediments of relationship (hindersprövning). The bride and groom should file a written request to the SwedishTax Organization. Application, however just in Swedish, can be discovered at the Firm’ s web site.
According to Swedishlaw, the adhering to are looked at obstacles to marriage:
- being under the grow older of 18 (the County Administrative Panel (Länsstyrelsen) may grant an exemption coming from this regulation)
- being wedded or even signed up as companion to a person other than the one you are about to marry
- being very closely pertaining to the person you’ re heading to marry; a linear direct ascendant or even offspring or even a complete sibling. Used siblings are considered full siblings by the regulation, yet can easily obtain consent to wed coming from the County Administrative Panel, to marry.
When the SwedishTax obligation Organization has made the query you receive a certificate revealing that the inquiry is completed as well as, if all works out, a marriage certificate. The certificate is valid for four months from the date of certification. The certifications are to become provided the official administering the marriage ceremony.
Foreigners certainly not residing in Sweden
If the bride and groom are foreigners certainly not residing in Sweden, they might simply acquire married if eachof them have a lawful right to marry or register a relationship according to the legislation of the condition were they have post degree residency or even citizenship. It’ s enoughif eachof all of them have residency, or some of them possesses citizenship as well as the various other one possesses post degree residency, in a country were actually the bride and groom have a legal right to wed or even enroll a collaboration.
If some of the all of them is actually a hot sweden person or even have residency in Sweden, they may marry in Sweden regardless of whether the some others significant other has post degree residency or citizenship in a country were it’ s prohibited for same-sex pairs to acquire married/register an alliance.
The individual without a formal connection to Sweden should (in connection withthe submitting of the created request for an inquiry right into detriments of relationship) create a personal browse throughto an Income tax Firm office to offer relevant information concerning place of birth, country of origin, citizenship, sexual activity, relationship status as well as, if needed to have, submit a record of separation or a fatality certification of a previous companion.
In situations where none of the prospective spouses possess an official relationship, bothof them have to send either:
- a marital relationship permit issued by a capable authorization in their condition of citizenship or even post degree residency, or
- a certification presenting the relevant regulations of law in eachof their states of citizenship or even post degree residency and also a certificate showing their marriage status. The certifications are only valid when issued througha skilled authority in the condition to whichthey are applicable, or even by a competent home authority in Sweden (including an embassy or other equal authorization).
None of the certifications may be more mature than 4 months.